Bank of England Credit Conditions Survey – 2021 Q1
Reports | 19/04/21
The Bank of England published the results of its credit conditions survey. The survey covers:
- Secured and unsecured lending to households.
- Lending to non-financial corporations, small businesses, and to non-bank financial firms.
Lenders reported that:
- The availability of secured credit to households increased in the three months to end-February (Q1). Lenders expected the availability of secured credit to increase over the next three months to end-May (Q2);
- The availability of unsecured credit to households decreased slightly in Q1, but was expected to increase over the next quarter;
- The overall availability of credit to the corporate sector was unchanged in Q1, remaining unchanged for small and medium-sized businesses, but increasing slightly for large firms. Overall availability was expected to increase slightly in Q2.